A bit about Complicater-Complexer

Need help determining your sociotype or want to determine someone else's? This is the place to be.

A bit about Complicater-Complexer

Postby Complicater-Complexer » Tue Feb 16, 2010 9:05 pm

I was bored, so I thought I should write a bit here and tell about myself.

Quite difficult to describe myself. But I'll try to tell you about some of the things I am sure of.

I like to do difficult things, especially the mentally challenging things. Things are boring when they are easy. It is good when one can prove to others that he can do what most others can't, so one is not some average man. But it is more important to prove this to myself first. I can ignore what others think if they don't agree on this.

I am quite aware of what I know and what I don't know. I never rush claiming that I understood something I didn't in fact understand. If I don't do well on an exam, there is no way I will say: "I understood the lesson(s) but don't know what happened to me in the exam". I am much more mature than that. I rather do the effort trying to see what I didn't understand. And when I have to explain something I think I understand I make it very clear, talk in the right order, giving the right details, not skipping steps in the reasonning... in other words I explain very well what I understand.

I can be quite reactive a lot of the times. I can act with anger when I think I am right, while loosing reason in that moment. For instance this semester started without having one of the grades of last semester appearing. And I needed to graduate. So I avoided standing in the long line at the office of the chairman of the department in which the concerned teacher was a member of and said: "I am not going to wait for my turn. I have been waiting for ten days".

I am loyal. When I make a relationship with someone, it is very rare for me to be the one breaking the relationship.

I have very little friends and don't know why. I wonder what others don't like in me.
Complicater-Complexer

Re: A bit about Complicater-Complexer

Postby mikesilb » Sun Mar 14, 2010 4:50 am

Hi CC,

Nice to meet you! I have some gut impressions of your potential type, and I'm curious how what I write will resonate (or not) with your impressions.

As a (most likely) IJ type, I happen to notice a number of IJ'ish themes in your post. I'll mention a few of them below...

And when I have to explain something I think I understand I make it very clear, talk in the right order, giving the right details, not skipping steps in the reasonning... in other words I explain very well what I understand.

That totally sounds like the way that an IJ might address this. As an EII, this direct mode of communication is a preference to me as well. This is not to say that an EJ wouldn't do this as well. But when you combine this with what you write later on, I think that this fits the IJ approach to communication and problem solving.

I can be quite reactive a lot of the times. I can act with anger when I think I am right, while loosing reason in that moment. For instance this semester started without having one of the grades of last semester appearing. And I needed to graduate. So I avoided standing in the long line at the office of the chairman of the department in which the concerned teacher was a member of and said: "I am not going to wait for my turn. I have been waiting for ten days".

This is something that I can totally picture an IJ type (like an LII) doing. When either Ti or Fi runs the show as the dominant function, the person often has a strong sense of either mechanical/logic principles (Ti) or ethical right/wrong values (Fi). There is an internal (and almost unwavering) confidence that guides the person on a moment-to-moment basis.

I am loyal. When I make a relationship with someone, it is very rare for me to be the one breaking the relationship.

Again, another IJ thing going on. Strong loyalty is something that is valued by these types. That is not to say that other types can't show loyalty, but if I had to place one function to describe loyalty, it would be Fi for sure.

Finally,
I like to do difficult things, especially the mentally challenging things. Things are boring when they are easy. It is good when one can prove to others that he can do what most others can't, so one is not some average man. But it is more important to prove this to myself first.

My gut feeling is that dominant Ti types would absolutely say this type of thing. To see life in terms of solving challenging problems/puzzles is something that Ti dominants often like to do. It sounds like you deeply value this aspect as well.

Based on all this, my initial gut impression points to either LII or EII, with a slight edge towards LII. Your strong sense of independence, confidence, and deep problem solving is what leads me this way.

How does this resonate with your impressions? What parts do or don't make sense?

Hope this helps you out in any way.
Mike

Socionics: Delta NF most likely
Enneagram: 6w7 soc/sx
mikesilb

Postby Meganeura » Tue Dec 28, 2010 6:30 am

Well I have long suspected you are ILE...and I guess I was right!

Complicater-Complexer wrote:And when I have to explain something I think I understand I make it very clear,

Thinking, Understanding

Complicater-Complexer wrote:talk in the right order, giving the right details, not skipping steps in the reasonning

Process, Reasoning

Complicater-Complexer wrote:... in other words I explain very well what I understand.

Yielding, Understanding

Complicater-Complexer wrote:I can be quite reactive a lot of the times. I can act with anger when I think I am right, while loosing reason in that moment. For instance this semester started without having one of the grades of last semester appearing. And I needed to graduate. So I avoided standing in the long line at the office of the chairman of the department in which the concerned teacher was a member of and said: "I am not going to wait for my turn. I have been waiting for ten days".

Understanding, Reasoning

Complicater-Complexer wrote:I am loyal. When I make a relationship with someone, it is very rare for me to be the one breaking the relationship.

Fi PoLR, Se Role

Complicater-Complexer wrote:I have very little friends and don't know why.

Perceiving, Reasoning, Understanding

Complicater-Complexer wrote:I wonder what others don't like in me.

Ne Base, Fe HA
ILE
Meganeura

Postby aestrivex » Sat Jan 29, 2011 7:56 pm

Meganeura wrote:Well I have long suspected you are ILE...and I guess I was right!

Complicater-Complexer wrote:And when I have to explain something I think I understand I make it very clear,

Thinking, Understanding

Complicater-Complexer wrote:talk in the right order, giving the right details, not skipping steps in the reasonning

Process, Reasoning

Complicater-Complexer wrote:... in other words I explain very well what I understand.

Yielding, Understanding

Complicater-Complexer wrote:I can be quite reactive a lot of the times. I can act with anger when I think I am right, while loosing reason in that moment. For instance this semester started without having one of the grades of last semester appearing. And I needed to graduate. So I avoided standing in the long line at the office of the chairman of the department in which the concerned teacher was a member of and said: "I am not going to wait for my turn. I have been waiting for ten days".

Understanding, Reasoning

Complicater-Complexer wrote:I am loyal. When I make a relationship with someone, it is very rare for me to be the one breaking the relationship.

Fi PoLR, Se Role

Complicater-Complexer wrote:I have very little friends and don't know why.

Perceiving, Reasoning, Understanding

Complicater-Complexer wrote:I wonder what others don't like in me.

Ne Base, Fe HA

idiot.
aestrivex

Return to Sociotypes