mikesilb...EII or a different type?

Need help determining your sociotype or want to determine someone else's? This is the place to be.

Re: mikesilb...EII or a different type?

Postby mikesilb » Wed Mar 31, 2010 6:53 pm

Can anyone explain some obvious differences between the I..j temperament and the E..j temperament?

My gut feeling is that I am not nearly as proactive as most E..js would typically be. I feel way more receptive than your typical E..j, yet still internally focused and determined (both to fulfill my internal sense of what I need to accomplish while also pleasing others as well). I would consider myself somewhere in the middle of the lazy...............proactive spectrum overall.

Any other telltale I..j vs. E..j differences? (as a part of me is still not fully convinced about EIE...but I am open to learn more about this possibility).
Mike

Socionics: Delta NF most likely
Enneagram: 6w7 soc/sx
User avatar
mikesilb
 
Posts: 37
Joined: Thu Mar 11, 2010 5:20 am

Re: mikesilb...EII or a different type?

Postby mikesilb » Wed Mar 31, 2010 6:56 pm

RSV3 wrote:Sorry I still haven't responded to your initial video yet. If you're interested in doing a follow up video, I'd be interested to hear about the people I'm your life that you like/appreciate and what traits you appreciate them for having and why; same with people in your life you dislike.



OK, I will make up a second video shortly that addresses these new questions. This may help because I will be talking more about my own likes/dislikes in people (rather than focusing on characters in LOST). Good idea.
Mike

Socionics: Delta NF most likely
Enneagram: 6w7 soc/sx
User avatar
mikesilb
 
Posts: 37
Joined: Thu Mar 11, 2010 5:20 am

Re: mikesilb...EII or a different type?

Postby mikesilb » Thu Apr 01, 2010 2:55 am

OK here is video #2:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oIEsGxg5Vvw

Let me know your thoughts about this one. Thanks!
Mike

Socionics: Delta NF most likely
Enneagram: 6w7 soc/sx
User avatar
mikesilb
 
Posts: 37
Joined: Thu Mar 11, 2010 5:20 am

Re: mikesilb...EII or a different type?

Postby aestrivex » Thu Apr 01, 2010 9:40 am

mikesilb wrote:
aestrivex wrote:i think you're ESE or EIE, any my preference between these two is EIE. i fear that my explanation as to why i think this is unlikely to be adequate -- because although i think that your video is highly energetic and full of positive affect, it's very hard to obviously describe you in this way from solely your behavior in the video, which is not particularly vibrant or anything other than matter-of-fact. i did pay attention to the content of your response in terms of assessing quadra values (ie, the specific focus on destiny and meaning seeming much more a beta and an Ni theme than an alpha one) -- but it was not exclusively this that led me to my impression. the one thing perhaps i can point to (though by itself it is very weak) is your perhaps over-the-top gratitude towards anyone who is helping you interpret the theory -- which i interpret in the context of your self-presentation as Ti DS. no doubt at least a part of my impression, however much i might decry it is a method, is based on visual information -- again, i don't know why.


i apologize if this is an unconvincing explanation; i certainly wouldn't be convinced of anything by it -- really, though, the video is especially informative with respect to self-presentation.


I think that EIE can certainly be a reasonable candidate for which type I am. The fact that it is still Ethics/Feeling-first (like the EII) makes it certainly a possibility. I would have thought that EII would fit better, because I tend to be more introverted in general, and that the authentic sincerity that Fi exhibits would appear to be more up my alley than the Fe of an EIE. But, if I had to pick a runner-up candidate for my type (which may potentially be my type when all is said and done), EIE makes a heck of a lot of sense too.

Honestly, I believe that my top four candidate types are EII, EIE, IEE, and ESI. I do think that Ethics-first (or in other words, rational-first) makes more sense than intuition-first (irrational-first).

Does anyone have any additional feedback? Should I make another (more biographical video) to supplement this Lost-based one? Let me know! Thanks!


i find it odd that you find your top four candidates from completely unrelated quadras, and totally disagree. if not EIE, i would probably think only ESE or maybe IEI.
aestrivex
 
Posts: 32
Joined: Tue Jan 05, 2010 11:56 pm

Re: mikesilb...EII or a different type?

Postby mikesilb » Thu Apr 01, 2010 2:30 pm

aestrivex wrote:i find it odd that you find your top four candidates from completely unrelated quadras, and totally disagree. if not EIE, i would probably think only ESE or maybe IEI.


Are you saying this before watching video #2 or after? I ask this because the content of the video is quite different (and is more about what I personally need/want from people and friendships).

BTW, I am not against EIE that much as a possibility. I've always felt that ethics-first (i.e. rational-first) is the strongest element in my type. The question ultimately is whether Fi or Fe is running the show. Once we determine that, we are more than halfway up the mountain.
Mike

Socionics: Delta NF most likely
Enneagram: 6w7 soc/sx
User avatar
mikesilb
 
Posts: 37
Joined: Thu Mar 11, 2010 5:20 am

Re: mikesilb...EII or a different type?

Postby Banter » Thu Apr 01, 2010 7:11 pm

mikesilb wrote:Can anyone explain some obvious differences between the I..j temperament and the E..j temperament?

My gut feeling is that I am not nearly as proactive as most E..js would typically be. I feel way more receptive than your typical E..j, yet still internally focused and determined (both to fulfill my internal sense of what I need to accomplish while also pleasing others as well). I would consider myself somewhere in the middle of the lazy...............proactive spectrum overall.

Any other telltale I..j vs. E..j differences? (as a part of me is still not fully convinced about EIE...but I am open to learn more about this possibility).


Hey Mike,

just in case you haven't seen them already ...

IJ temperament
EJ temperament
User avatar
Banter
 
Posts: 15
Joined: Sun Jan 17, 2010 9:56 pm

Re: mikesilb...EII or a different type?

Postby aestrivex » Fri Apr 02, 2010 10:19 am

mikesilb wrote:
Are you saying this before watching video #2 or after? I ask this because the content of the video is quite different (and is more about what I personally need/want from people and friendships).


before, but i find the content of the second video very bland (in the sense that you say very little that is distinctive and not something that anyone would say). far more important is the way that you said those things, and i find your self-presentation in the second video identical to the first.

I've always felt that ethics-first (i.e. rational-first) is the strongest element in my type. The question ultimately is whether Fi or Fe is running the show. Once we determine that, we are more than halfway up the mountain.


and that in my opinion is a serious methodological error, and my interpretation of your self-presentation is much different.
aestrivex
 
Posts: 32
Joined: Tue Jan 05, 2010 11:56 pm

Re: mikesilb...EII or a different type?

Postby mikesilb » Fri Apr 02, 2010 3:13 pm

aestrivex wrote:
mikesilb wrote:
Are you saying this before watching video #2 or after? I ask this because the content of the video is quite different (and is more about what I personally need/want from people and friendships).


before, but i find the content of the second video very bland (in the sense that you say very little that is distinctive and not something that anyone would say). far more important is the way that you said those things, and i find your self-presentation in the second video identical to the first.


So let me get this straight. Your vote is still EIE (or as a backup, ESE) after both videos? Is that what my self presentation is pointing towards in your opinion?

aestrivex wrote:
mikesilb wrote:I've always felt that ethics-first (i.e. rational-first) is the strongest element in my type. The question ultimately is whether Fi or Fe is running the show. Once we determine that, we are more than halfway up the mountain.


and that in my opinion is a serious methodological error, and my interpretation of your self-presentation is much different.


What would the proper methodology be in this case? How would you go about narrowing it down differently? I'm just curious about this so that we can move forward.
Mike

Socionics: Delta NF most likely
Enneagram: 6w7 soc/sx
User avatar
mikesilb
 
Posts: 37
Joined: Thu Mar 11, 2010 5:20 am

Re: mikesilb...EII or a different type?

Postby RSV3 » Fri Apr 02, 2010 4:16 pm

I'm still leaning towards EII and will give you some reasoning soon.
User avatar
RSV3
 
Posts: 74
Joined: Mon Dec 21, 2009 4:02 am

Re: mikesilb...EII or a different type?

Postby mikesilb » Fri Apr 02, 2010 4:51 pm

RSV3 wrote:I'm still leaning towards EII and will give you some reasoning soon.


Very intriguing. I'm curious what your thoughts are and how it contrasts with aestrivex's impressions. The plot thickens...
Mike

Socionics: Delta NF most likely
Enneagram: 6w7 soc/sx
User avatar
mikesilb
 
Posts: 37
Joined: Thu Mar 11, 2010 5:20 am

PreviousNext

Return to Sociotypes

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests