I have come seeking clarity.

New members can introduce yourself here!

I have come seeking clarity.

Postby Shrikethrush » Sun Jan 26, 2014 11:10 pm

I was introduced to Socionics by the writings of Pseudolonewolf, a flash RPG creator and artist-person, and I decided to actually look into this based on the value he has gotten from the system. I'm familiar with Myers-Briggs typing and this seems related, although my MBTI (ENFP) and my Socionics type (INFj) seem rather opposed! I'm interested in why this is, so I joined the forums.

I hope to figure out this little contradiction and also positively contribute to this community as far as I am able.
Shrikethrush

Re: I have come seeking clarity.

Postby echidna1000 » Mon Nov 10, 2014 12:19 am

Hey there,

Socionics and MBTI use different definitions for Extroversion/Introversion and Perceiving/Judging and so it is not contradictory to be an ExxP in MBTI yet an IJ temperament in Socionics.

We find that Extroversion/Introversion is overly biased in favour of Ethics in MBTI, hence Ethical types being more likely to be 'Extroverted' even if an Introvert in Socionics.

We find that Judging/Perceiving is overly biased in favour of Logic in MBTI, hence Ethical types being more likely to be 'Perceiving' even if Judging (Rational) in Socionics.
echidna1000

Return to Introductions