The Static/Dynamic Dichotomy
Statics / Dynamics is one of the 15 Reinin dichotomies. Statics focus on properties and structures of things. Dynamics focus on movements and interactions of things. This is a general characteristic, however, and a person will display static or dynamic perception at any given moment depending on which IM element is in use.
Static IM types contain static IM elements in their mental ring (functions 1 through 4), and dynamic elements in the vital ring (5 through 8). This means that they tend to verbalize things from a static standpoint, while their behavior is more influenced by dynamic aspects.
Dynamic IM types contain dynamic IM elements in their mental ring, and static element in the vital ring. They tend to verbalize things from a dynamic standpoint, while their behavior is more influenced by static aspects.
According to definitions from classical socionics, static elements capture "snapshots" of reality, while dynamic elements track events in process. Static aspects of reality tend to remain more or less fixed over a significant period of time, while dynamic aspects are changeable and constantly evolving.
- Perceive events in an episodic manner â€“ discrete states rather than continuous changes.
- More inclined to say how stages A, B and C are.
- Describe events in a general manner and by comparing them to other similar events.
- More inclined to talk of properties and structures of reality.
- The stories of statics usually involve one constant main character.
- Perceive events in a continuous sequence â€“ continuous changes rather than discrete states.
- More inclined to say how stage A leads to stage B, and how stage B leads to stage C.
- Describe events in a specific and concrete manner.
- More inclined to talk of movements and interactions of reality.
- The stories of dynamics usually involve multiple main characters.
Static Types: LII (INTj) ILE (ENTp) LSI (ISTj) SLE (ESTp) ESI (ISFj) SEE (ESFp) EII (INFj) IEE (ENFp)
Dynamic Types: ESE (ESFj) SEI (ISFp) EIE (ENFj) IEI (INFp) LIE (ENTj) ILI (INTp) LSE (ESTj) SLI (ISTp)
Famous Static Persons
Famous Dynamic Persons
|Overview||Introvert/Extrovert||Rational (Judging)/Irrational (Perceiving)||Intuitive/Sensing|